My name is Agnes Gajewska and I am a nerd. I’ve spent years suppressing it, but when it really comes down to it, you can’t deny the facts:
- I spent most of my childhood engrossed in weighty literature (the kind that summons involuntary sighs from balanced individuals). And I wore unflattering pink glasses.
- Some years later I completed a Bachelor in Media at Macquarie University and was nominated to speak on behalf of my graduating class.
- After completing my studies, I wrote, proof-read and edited a suite of wedding, lifestyle and business-to-business finance publications and scored the enviable role of senior editor (and food reviewer) of de Groots Media.
- In 2008 I set up ink by Agnes to allow my obsession with grammar and my wordsmithery to charm the mysterious and unpredictable world of freelance.
- Having reached some success, in 2010 I took the venture further by striking out into full-time freelancing and moving ink by Agnes to Munich (Germany), where I’m currently pursuing my love of travel, languages and Lederhosen.
- I also wrote a book: "Wedding Speeches; Perfect words for a perfect day".
So you see? There’s no denying the facts.
But you know what? A little bit of nerdiness goes a long way when it comes to delivering results. Because when the pressure is on and you need something well-researched, meticulously-written, error-free and fast, nerds are at their best.
I love challenging new topics, tight deadlines, large projects, unexpected curveballs and seeing the look of delight when the madness is over. And I still love convoluted, drawn-out works of literature that send balanced individuals to sleep.
I know what you’re thinking: “NERD”. Exactly, dear reader. Exactly.